Sacred spaces are an essential part of self care.
The more life pulls at you with demanding schedules, troubling news, constant notifications, endless chores and daily tasks…the more you need a space where you can rest, unwind and recenter yourself.
If the shower is the only time (and space) you can shut out the world each day and have some you time, here are some tips to help you create your own sacred space.
- Decide what you want to do in your sacred space. Do you want to journal? Practice yoga? Meditate? Listen to soothing instrumental music?
- Choose or create a space in your home that supports what you want to do and serves as your own personal retreat. It can be a corner of your room, a bay window seat, a nook in your office or study — wherever you choose.
- Remove any clutter or things that will distract you from your self care practice in this space.
- Fill the space with items you love and/or items that support your intentions for the space. If you love to meditate, add a floor pillow. If you plan to write, add a beautiful journal and pen. If you want to fill your space with relaxing scents, try our Om, Zen or Relax candles or one of our Chambré Spritzes. Your sacred space doesn’t have to be fancy and you don’t need to go on a shopping spree at Home Goods. Just add items that make it a place that feels special and supportive to you.
- When you’ve completed the creation of your sacred space, think about when in your day you can set aside some special time to spend there. Is it five minutes in the morning before you start your day? Or twenty minutes in the evening as you wind down before bed? Choose when in the day you will make that sacred time for yourself and how long that time will be.
- And if you plan on bringing a soothing, hot cup of tea along for your sacred time, try a loving cup of L’Amour or a calming cup of Serenity.
We hope these tips are helpful for creating your own sacred space.
And remember, it doesn’t have to be a whole room and it doesn’t have to be fancy.
It just has to be a space that feels special, supportive and sacred to you.